Investment casting is a process that provides you with complex parts that you can use for different purposes. You can also make jewelry or other weapons using the same process. But there are other benefits of investment casting Services as well.
Let’s take a look at a few of them and see how they can help you.
Advantages of investment casting Services
Investment casting is a method that can help you in many ways. The reason why one should go for it over other methods depends on what it offers.
The following are the advantages of investment casting Services:
- Investment casting Services allow you to cast some complex parts with the perfect finish.
- You can cast quite thin surfaces or sections despite having less tolerances.
- You can cast any metal you want as long as the metal allows you to do that. Not like you start molding a metal that can’t bear heat or pressure. This will let you lose that in the meantime which is not what you want.
- You can cast the metals manually as well as automatically. Automated system will allow you to make so many parts in no time.
- You can use the wax many times by reusing it for various patterns.
So, all these advantages of investment casting Services and investment casting will let you know what it has to offer. But the process doesn’t have the advantages only. It has a few disadvantages also.
Let’s see what they are.
Disadvantages of investment casting Services
- These investment casting Services can only work better when you have to cast smaller parts. If you are to cast bigger and more complex parts, you must go for other casting methods.
- The weight of parts (that this method can work well on) is almost 75lbs. So, for anything above this weight, you may chose other methods.
- The equipment used by investment casting Services is really expensive which is also difficult to operate. So, if skilled labor is not there, the machine may end up stop working.
- Dyes are also costly that these investment casting companies use for making wax patterns. But this ultimately limits the making of molds at a bigger level.
- There is a certain size for holes also in order to use investment casting method. And if the manufacturers do not follow that, the mold will be of no use. So, they should complete the measurements before time to avoid any such issue.
So, even if the method of investment casting is quite accurate, you can’t expect it to work perfectly. It may not work on certain kinds of metals. It may also not work for certain sizes of metals. All a manufacturer needs is to understand the conditions first and see whether to apply this method or not. If this method does not seem to work, they must switch to other methods that will surely bore the fruit. Or else, sticking on a single, efficient but limited method won’t work in the long run. So, it is better to ensure everything before in order to avoid any issue later.